Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fizzing dreams

Blogging is becoming addiction for me now-a-days. My mind has become a multi-threaded system where different thread keep on doing independent tasks in a mutually exclusive manner. One of my mind thread keep on thinking for India and its future, other keep polling RECD/NITD , one for office work and the last one for blogging . With all these threads working simultaneously eat up my whole CPU and I am not getting anytime to process my queued requests for my future . Just reading about Stochastic process in queuing theory ,this is what I found :
Wiki defines Stochastic Process as the process where there is some indeterminacy in its future evolution .

My Life satisfy all conditions of Stochastic Process i.e having some indeterminacy in my future evolution and dealing with not just one possible "reality" of how the process might evolve under time but multiple possibilities .So does that mean I define my life as Stochastic process ????


Anyways , my new post is about the fizzing dreams or bubbling dreams. Its about the busy life in corporate world .Few days back someone forward me a picture which really depicts the corporate cycle nicely . Here it is :




Sometimes when I met some of the managers in Cisco or of other MNC companies who work late nights ** still being managers **, it always remind me the words of my first manager "Get some life". And when such hardworking managers ask me "where do you see yourself after 5 or 10 years?" , I really don't have any answer because the answer in my mind is always "I don't want to be like you living such a restless life :-) :-)". Long time back ,Someone from higher management asked me "How do you think Corporate world has changed your life ? ". I normally resist such questions but on that day , due to some reflex action or in abruption , i replied to that question . My words were "It converted me from a human being into a resource, such a resource whose 50% is one project , 10% on that and rest 40% on that one" . Life in a corporate world can be expressed in the words of Taare Zammen par song "Jamme raho"


Kas Ke Joota Kas Ke Belt
Khoons Ke Andar Apni Shirt
Manzil Ko Chali Sawaari
Kandho Pe Zimmedari

Haath Mein File Man Mein Dum
Meelon Meel Chalenge Hum
Har Mushkil Se Takrayenge
Tas Se Mas Na Honge Hum

Ye Sote Bhee Hain Attention
Aage Rehne Ki Hai Tension
Mehnat Inko Pyari Hai
Ekdum Aagyakari Hain

Ye Omlet Par Hi Jeete Hain
Ye Tonic Saare Peete Hain
Waqt Pe Sote Waqt Pe Khate
Taan Ke Seena Padhte Jate
.......


Also there was a beautiful story on the busy life of the modern human being.The story goes like this :



================================
A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year Old son
waiting for him at the door.

SON: Daddy, may I ask you a question?

DAD: Yeah sure, what it is?' replied the man.

SON: Daddy, how much do you make an hour?

DAD: That's none of your business.
Why do you ask such a thing?' the man said angrily.

SON: I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?

DAD: If you must know, I make $50 an hour.

SON: 'Oh,' the little boy replied, with his head down.

SON: Daddy, may I please borrow $25?

The father was furious, "If the only reason you asked about that is so you can borrow
some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself
straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I don't work hard every day for such childish frivolities." The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.


The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy’s questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?

After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think: Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $25.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often.


The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

"Are you asleep, son?" he asked.
"no daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.
"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier" said the man.
"It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you." Here's the $25 you asked
for.

The little boy sat straight up, smiling. "Oh, thank you daddy!" He yelled.

Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then Looked up at his father. " Why do you want more money if you already have some?" . The father grumbled.


"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied.

"Daddy, I have $50 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early
tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."

===============================================



Don't you think we are making our lives more complex and just like software life cycle we are living a "Software engineer's life cycle" with defined stages and constrained and deadlines . It looks like the modern life cycle is like this :



Trying to pacify each relationship and becoming more and more successful is making our life just like the above picture. We want to donate to the NGO's but only after checking if the donation is in section 80c of income tax regulations , we want Govt to build fly over and roads but we make forged house rent certificates to save Tax. Can't life be as simple as in the movie "God must be crazy". If you have not watched , I will recommend everyone to watch it .. its a hilarious and simple movie .
Now its late for me as I also have to follow the "Software engineer's life cycle" from the morning. Good night folks. But now the issue is In my dreams I'm dying all the time

In my dreams I'm dying all the time
When I wake its kaleidoscopic mind
In my dreams I'm jealous all the time
Then I wake I'm going out of my mind

1 comment:

Nivedita said...

It's a scary world but the choice is ours we can leave this life and live simple, but that requires a lot of courage,which surely don't have yet, but hope to muster it in the future. I have seen Gods must be crazy like a thousand times since I was like 3yeas old its fascinating.