Popular Posts

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Cherishing thoughts

Yesterday I got one book "Stray birds by Rabindranath tagore ". In my opinion its not a book , its a compilation of the best lines you can ever read in your lifetime.

Before moving ahead in listing some of the lines which have been carved out in my mind, i will like to share an awesome poem by Rabindranath tagore :

WHERE THE MIND IS WITHOUT FEAR

Where the mind is without fear
and the head is held high;

Where knowledge is free,
Where the world has not been
broken up into fragments
by narrow domestic walls;

Where words come out
from the depth of truth;

Where tireless striving
stretches its arm towards perfection;

Where the clear stream of reason
has not lost its way
into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;

Where the mind
is led forward by thee into
ever-widening thought and action

Into that heaven of freedom,
my Father, let my country awake.



Now since you have read one of the masterpiece , let me start typing the lines which i loved from the Book i mentioned above :

===============
THE mystery of creation is like the darkness of night--it is great. Delusions of knowledge are like the fog of the morning.
===============

===============
"WHAT language is thine, O sea?"
"The language of eternal question."
"What language is thy answer, O sky?
"The language of eternal silence."
===============

===============
WHAT you are you do not see, what you see is your shadow
===============

===============
"MOON, for what do you wait?"
"To salute the sun for whom I must make way."
===============

===============
THE fish in the water is silent, the animal on the earth is noisy, the bird in the air is singing,
But Man has in him the silence of the sea, the noise of the earth and the music of the air.
YOUR idol is shattered in the dust to prove that God's dust is greater than your idol.
MAN does not reveal himself in his history, he struggles up through it.
===============

===============
MY day is done, and I am like a boat drawn on the beach, listening to the dance-music of the tide in the evening.
===============

===============
THE sparrow is sorry for the peacock at the burden of its tail.
===============

===============
GOD says to man, "I heal you therefore I hurt, love you therefore punish."
THANK the flame for its light, but do not forget the lampholder standing in the shade with constancy of patience.
===============

===============
WHAT is this unseen flame of darkness whose sparks are the stars?
===============

===============
LET life be beautiful like summer flowers and death like autumn leaves.
===============

===============
IN death the many becomes one; in life the one becomes many.
Religion will be one when God is dead.
===============

===============
POWER said to the world, "You are mine.
The world kept it prisoner on her throne.
Love said to the world, "I am thine."
The world gave it the freedom of her house.
I CAST my own shadow upon my path, because I have a lamp that has not been lighted
===============

===============
DREAM is a wife who must talk.
Sleep is a husband who silently suffers.
===============

===============
THE night kisses the fading day whispering to his ear, "I am death, your mother. I am to give you fresh birth."
===============

===============
THE Great is a born child; when he dies he gives his great childhood to the world.
===============

===============
ASKS the Possible to the Impossible, "Where is your dwelling place?"
"In the dreams of the impotent," comes the answer.
===============

===============
THE leaf becomes flower when it loves.
The flower becomes fruit when it worships.
===============

===============
STORM of midnight, like a giant child awakened in the untimely dark, has begun to play and shout.
===============

===============
"I AM ashamed of my emptiness," said the Word to the Work.
"I know how poor I am when I see you," said the Work to the Word.
===============

===============
ONE sad voice has its nest among the ruins of the years.
It sings to me in the night,--"I loved you."
===============

===============
THE flaming fire warns me off by its own glow.
Save me from the dying embers hidden under ashes.
===============

===============
"WHO is there to take up my duties?" asked the setting sun.
"I shall do what I can, my Master," said the earthen lamp.
===============

===============
"THE learned say that your lights will one day be no more." said the firefly to the stars.
The stars made no answer.
===============

===============
EITHER you have work or you have not.When you have to say, "Let us do something," then begins mischief.
===============

===============
THE sunshine greets me with a smile. The rain, his sad sister, talks to my heart.
===============

===============
I AM like the road in the night listening to the footfalls of its memories in silence.
===============

===============
HE who is too busy doing good finds no time to be good.
===============

===============
DARKNESS travels towards light, but blindness towards death.
===============

===============
LET my doing nothing when I have nothing to do become untroubled in its depth of peace like the evening in the seashore when the water is silent.
===============

===============
MEN are cruel, but Man is kind.
===============

===============
THE raindrop whispered to the jasmine, "Keep me in your heart for ever."
The jasmine sighed, "Alas," and dropped to the ground.
===============

===============
THIS life is the crossing of a sea, where we meet in the same narrow ship.
In death we reach the shore and go to our different worlds.
===============

===============
DEATH belongs to life as birth does. The walk is in the raising of the foot as in the laying of it down.
===============

===============
THE night's flower was late when the morning kissed her, she shivered and sighed and dropped to the ground.
===============

===============
THE day of work is done. Hide my face in your arms, Mother. Let me dream.
===============

===============
ONE word keep for me in thy silence, O World, when I am dead, "I have loved."
===============

===============
LET the dead have the immortality of fame, but the living the immortality of love.
===============

===============
I HAVE seen thee as the half-awakened child sees his mother in the dusk of the dawn and then smiles and sleeps again.
===============

===============
THE silent night has the beauty of the mother and the clamorous day of the child.
===============

===============
I DREAM of a star, an island of light, where I shall be born and in the depth of its quickening leisure my life will ripen its works like the ricefield in the autumn sun.
===============

===============
THE smell of the wet earth in the rain rises like a great chant of praise from the voiceless multitude of the insignificant.
===============

===============
I HAVE scaled the peak and found no shelter in fame's bleak and barren height. Lead me, my Guide, before the light fades, into the valley of quiet where life's harvest mellows into golden wisdom.
===============

===============
THERE are tracts in my life that are bare and silent. They are the open spaces where my busy days had their light and air.
===============



Chalo , Now you find which line inspires or aspires you most , and till then I will go in my imaginary world.My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool; it gives me all the world and exiles me from it.


No comments: